This is allllll started with you, @yumyumx. She tweeted she lost 2kg, for a week of without any sweetened drinks. And i went, oh coolllllll!!! gonna do that too, by Hari Raya Haji at least i’d shed those kilos i gain after hari Raya.
So i made a pledge, i wont take my fav drinks every morning in the canteen. So, be it, yesterday, a monday. I skipped the nescafe tarik, and replace with air suam, okayyy!
One hour later, i felt restless. Then i went nervous, then i realised i cant concentrate my work. In the end of the day, I realised that i am actually addicted to caffein!! I thought 2 glasses a day wont do anything to me, but as it being a daily habit, I just have to admit it then.. (looking down at my shoes, no one to blame but me, so i know the cause of the migrain..maybe)
And today is the second day, i am off sugar and caffein. I thought it would be better, as I am busy with meetings. But, the moment my meeting ended, the first thing I thought about is coffee. And anyone mention things such as ‘coffee, nescafe, milo tarik’ attracts me. At this point baru lahh teringat nak tanya pakcik google.
So, sharing these tips, for anyone like me… its just from Ehow.com by the way
- Choose which day you will begin to become caffeine free, say a Monday. Prepare your body and mind. Have over-the-counter pain medication on hand if it is not contraindicated for you. Some people experience bad headaches when they reduce intake of caffeine or sugar.
- Go to bed early on Sunday night and get a good night’s rest, at least eight hours of sleep.
- Consume less caffeine on Monday than you usually have. Instead of three cups of coffee in the morning, reduce it to two cups. If you are a soda drinker, try to drink less on Monday and throughout the week. Plan on having no caffeine on Friday. You can substitute caffeine-free drinks for soda and coffee
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Instead of going straight to your coffee or caffeine drink on Monday morning, fix yourself a healthy breakfast. Eating breakfast will help you gain energy and motivation. Don’t skip meals, because you will need the energy from food throughout the day. If you take sugar in your coffee, snack on fresh fruits that have natural sugars to make up for the sugar you may be losing. Exercise will also help give you a morning boost without caffeine.
- Drink water instead of caffeine. If you are a heavy caffeine drinker, drink one glass of water for every caffeine drink you used to have. This will not only help replace the water in caffeine drinks but also is healthier. Remind yourself often that every day you survive with less caffeine will make the next day easier
kesian Ali. but yay me. kan?